Welcome!
This blog is dedicated to happy stories, happy thoughts, ideas, moments, pictures, and more! Everyone needs a little bit of sunshine every day... I hope you can find some here!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Forgiveness

"I think it may be the greatest virtue on earth, and certainly the most needed"
-Gordon B. Hinckley
Well, I have been thinking about forgiveness for a few weeks, and today I feel the need to share some thoughts...
Forgiveness can be hard. REALLY hard. But it such a necessary part of the entire Salvation process. It can seem so unjust what others do to you or anyone else, but keeping ill feelings towards another only hurts yourself. It makes your life turn upside down, or at least a little tipsy. And who doesn't want peace in their life? In order to have that peace, we have to learn to humble ourselves and forgive. It can be so difficult. I know that I have had to learn that the hard way, many times around. But now I have peace. I trust that I will be be happy because God promises that I will have peace and feel such great happiness if I forgive. By forgiving, I am trying to be more like my Savior Jesus Christ. And above everything else that happens in my life, being like Him is most important.

"Somehow forgiveness, with love and tolerance, accomplishes miracles that can happen in no other way. The great Atonement was the supreme act of forgiveness. The magnitude of that Atonement is beyond our ability to completely understand. I know only that it happened, and that it was for me and for you. The suffering was so great, the agony so intense, that none of us can comprehend it when the Savior offered Himself as a ransom for the sins of all mankind.
It is through Him that we gain forgiveness. It is through Him that there comes the certain promise that all mankind will be granted the blessings of salvation, with resurrection from the dead. It is through Him and His great overarching sacrifice that we are offered the opportunity through obedience of exaltation and eternal life. May God help us to be a little kinder, showing forth greater forbearance, to be more forgiving, more willing to walk the second mile, to reach down and lift up those who may have sinned but have brought forth the fruits of repentance, to lay aside old grudges and nurture them no more."

Gordon B. Hinckley, “Forgiveness,” Liahona, Nov 2005, 81–84

No comments:

Post a Comment